Youth Day Camps
4 days of fun with River Rafting, Hiking and Fly Fishing, with a focus on ecology, geology, hydrology, and social history of the Weber River area between Echo, Henefer, and Morgan.
Youth Summer Day Camp
“Life on the Weber River” Summer Youth Day Camp has received rave reviews from kids and parents alike! This active and engaging 4-day outdoor program inspires children with a love for river rafting, as well as an appreciation for the animals and plants, and the social and geological history of this majestic canyon land and river system.
Destination Sports is an experienced outfitter that is licensed through Utah State Parks. Our Weber River Adventures day camps are for youth ages 7 – 18. Children will be grouped by age. The older kids, age 13 and up will have youth leadership opportunities. This is an excellent opportunity for your child to experience adventure and learning in nature, away from the normal hustle and bustle of city life.
PRICING: $400 for 4 fun-filled days
INCLUDED: Lunch, water, snacks, and sodas are provided each day. Special dietary requirements and allergies can be accommodated with advance notice.
We will provide all the gear needed, including rafts, paddles, life jackets, and transportation to all activities within the day camp itinerary. Our river guides are licensed through Utah State Parks, and our lead instructors are also expert naturalists, and are employed during the school year as public and private Utah school teachers.
WHEN: 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. 4 days, Monday – Thursday.
First week: Monday June 11th through Thursday June 14th
Second week: Monday June 18th through Thursday June 21st
Third week: Monday June 25th through Thursday June 28th
Fourth week: Monday August 6 through Thursday August 9th
*Round-trip shuttle service in the “Cool Bus” is available from the Kimball Junction Library at 1885 W. Ute Boulevard, in Park City for $10 a day. The Cool Bus departs at 8:00 a.m. sharp, and will return to meet parents at 4:00 p.m. on each of the 4 days.
*Shuttle service may also be available from Coalville, Ogden, and Morgan areas. Please contact us to discuss the details.
DAY CAMP ACTIVITIES LOCATIONS: Destination Sports main base camp is in Henefer. We have exclusive access to private riparian and upland properties in Morgan, Henefer and Echo. We will also visit public trails and historical markers around these areas. We will be paddle rafting on the Weber River each day on different stretches between Echo, Henefer, and Morgan.
Day Camp Itinerary
– Nature Hike along the riparian corridor of the Weber River and to an upland vista with a bird’s eye views in all directions, including Echo Canyon, Echo Reservoir, Henefer Valley, and Weber Canyon
– Easy, introductory half-day river rafting from Echo to Henefer , through the Henefer Valley.
– Learning topics include native flora and fauna, river ecology, geology, and river rafting 101.
– Fish habitat and an introduction to fly fishing
– Half-day of river rafting from Henefer to Taggart
– Social history of Henefer Valley and Echo Canyon and Echo Creek, including Native Tribes’ Seasonal Passage, the Pony Express Trail, the California Trail, and the Mormon Pioneer Trail. We will do an auto tour with easy hikes to places of interest and historical markers.
– Half-day of river rafting from Taggart to Morgan
-A full day of river rafting from Echo to Taggart, with Junior River Guide Training.
-Midway through the rafting trip, we will stop at our Base Camp in Henefer for a sandwich buffet lunch.
*We may switch some activities around, based on current weather conditions.
WHAT TO BRING to protect from sunburn and stay warm and comfortable
- Backpack containing the following items
- Quick dry long pants and long sleeves
- Hat with brim
- Fleece jacket and rain jacket on cool or rainy days
- Change of warm and dry clothes, socks, and shoes
- Closed toe water sandals and comfortable hiking shoes with socks. Your child’s feet will get wet and dirty. Keen water sandals are recommended, but even old tennis shoes are acceptable for all activities.
Other things I need to know:
We cater to special needs such as food allergies and disabilities. Please call us to discuss the exact nature of your situation, so that we can accommodate your child in the best possible way.